Saturday, November 14, 2015

Soap Challenge Skinny Shimmy




The Skinny Shimmy, this month's challenge in the Amy Warden Challenge.  This soap is scented with as Citrus Mint.  I used Spearmint, Grapefruit and Orange 10x essential oils.

The batter stayed liquid through most.  I split all the colors in two and it worked fine.  I used orange tangerine, bright yellow raincoat, peacock and teal micas from various suppliers.

The oils used were of course, coconut, palm and olive oil with additions of babassu, palm kernal flakes, and sunflower oil.  I whitened them with snow mica to try to take out as much green as possible.

This was fun to try, I finally got this result on my third try.  This was a popular scent.  I also tried with lavender spearmint essential oil soap and did not get the S curves I was looking for but this one was a pleasure to cut and see them.  I did use the hand made mold but the soap did not come out so easy even though I put sodium lactate in. 

On the top I just sprinkled jojoba beads, the soap is pretty enough itself!

Thank you Tatiana and Amy for bringing this challenge!  This is a beautiful soap design!

And of course, more pictures!




7 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun?? I'm so glad you were able to get a design you can be proud of - this was definitely not an easy challenge! That's the point though, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your scent choices - citrus and mint sound awesome together!
    How was working on this challenge with Babasu oil? I would have thought that it would have hardened too much to do the pour...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no problems with the pour. It was 40/60 on saturated/unsaturated. I only add a small amount of babasu to assist with the bubbles!.

      Delete
  3. I love the colors and design! Your soap turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice soap! I wish you had also publicized the other attempts. The soaps did not come easily out of the mold for me either.I had waited for a week though, and used a little sodium lactate too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The did a great job! So many segments! Wow!

    ReplyDelete