Friday, August 14, 2015

Mantra Marble Swirls

Made to Measure

 This is a Brambleberry scent, I am always looking to add to the men's line and this sounded perfect.  It soaped wonderfully, no issues.  I did soap a little thicker but I think it adds to the soaps on the men's lines.




The soap is made with Olive, Coconut, Palm, Avocado, Babassu and Castor Oils with the additional conditioning of Argan Oil.

The colors are from Brambleberry and Mad Oils, goldfinger, white snow, neon lazer lemon, hydrated chrome green, neon blue raspberry with added ultramarine blue.

I did add the fragrance to the oils before the lye water as a just in case, I had no problems with it as I mentioned.

I squirted the colors in from side to side and then combed through it using the bamboo skewer comb. Then I used a thicker - about pencil thick - skewer to make the figure eights.

This was fun to do, nice swirl.  I later made another with lemon and peppermint essential oils. It came out nice as well, the batter remained at very thin trace so the lines are smaller.  I was able to use gold mica on top of that for swirling which does look great.  I love using the mica to add depth and beauty to the swirls but the guys are not so crazy about it though.

These are all the pictures I have.  I can see using this again, it is fun and easy to do


4 comments:

  1. pretty colors, like the natural as your solid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soap looks fantastic, Valerie!! I agree - the guys don't need anything too sparkly, so this is perfect. As a side note, I've never mixed lemon and peppermint before - that sounds like a fun thing I need to try. :)

    ReplyDelete