Thursday, December 17, 2015

Impression Mat Challenge

Shells Impression Soap.

I made several impression mats.  This was the third one.  The first and second had bigger shells and even some shark teeth we collected while at Casperson Beach this summer.  The bigger shells did not work well for me on a log mold because I did not like the idea of having to cut the shells or have a half shell on each slice.


 I put the shells on a picture frame and used the pourable silicone from Brambleberry.  It worked well and I learned a lot making three different molds with it.  My vision here is to have at least a row of shells per slice of soap.


 I scented this one with lavender, geranium, litsea essential oils. I used a small container and for an in the pot swirl for the shells.  Most of the shells we collected on the beaches were colorful so I wanted to incorporate that.  I also put a little gold sparkle mica mixed with oil from Brambleberry on the "shells" after pouring them in the mat but adding the batter after that sort of moved most of it off.  No biggie.


 I used peacock for the base of the soap and used flirt, orange crush, tahitian teal, and harold's purple crayon and gold sparkle mica for the swirls.  The shells had flirt, orange crush and purple crayon for the itp swirl.  I used snow white to whiten the oils.  I did a spoon swirl after all the soap was poured in the main body then the simple swirl on the bottom.



This is the final results.  I added some of the shark teeth in the final pictures after all.  Next time I may try to get those on top, maybe with a guy scent someday???  The spoon swirl left some interesting figures in the soaps and I am happy with the tops as well.

Thanks Amy, always a wonderful challenge!  Merry Merry everyone, a Blessed Christmas and Holidays for all!

7 comments:

  1. You choose really pretty colors, Key! You laid out your shells perfectly & your impressions turned out great! The shark teeth would sure be interesting! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mat came out awesome and I love the color choices

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Valerie! I'm loving all the different seashell themes I'm seeing. Each one has its own unique touch. :) I'd love to see the shark teeth in a soap too - I think the guys would really find that fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! The colors are just beautiful and are a perfect combination with the shells! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! The colors are just beautiful and are a perfect combination with the shells! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love the variations in the shells and the swirl is just so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turquoise is very fitting for a shell theme, in my opinion. Very nice soap you made!

    ReplyDelete